Yoshihiro Nakamura



"Holmesglen gave me the opportunity to learn about the real Australian work environment, but also I enjoyed studying in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere."

Erica Hsieh


"Melbourne is a fantastic place to live in. The people are all friendly and caring, and the multicultural aspect makes it a very diverse place to live and study in. I feel that every day in Melbourne is different, and some of my new friends that I’ve met here are truly fantastic."

Gail kampengele



"I would recommend anyone thinking of studying abroad to think of Australia and Holmesglen. Let’s face it, who doesn’t want Christmas in the sun!"

Renato Chagas Prieto



"I really enjoyed my time at Holmesglen. Firstly, because of the people I met, from all over the world and between some of us we developed a truthful lasting friendship."

Efrain Froilan Carasas Castillo



"The lecturers at Holmesglen are wonderful. They are friendly, approachable, supportive and willing to help. It’s such a great experience to be taught by people who are at the forefront of their filed."

Legal Services

Australian Taxation Office (ATO)

When you start work you may need to get a tax file number. The main tax you’ll pay is income tax, charged on your income, such as salary and wages. Every year you lodge a tax return to tell ATO how much income you’ve received and how much tax you’ve paid

Australians pay tax so the government can provide services to the community – these services range from hospitals, schools and roads to recycling centres, national parks and even your local swimming pool.

To find out more information and how to apply for an Australian Tax File Number please visit their website www.ato.gov.au

Fair Work Ombudsman 

It is important to know your rights as an employee while working in Australia.  Fair Work Ombudsman is an independent statutory agency that promotes harmonious, productive and cooperative workplace relations and to monitor, inquire into, investigate and enforce compliance with relevant commonwealth workplace laws.  

They provide free education, assistance and advice to make it easier to comply with Australia’s workplace laws. 

For further information, advice or assistance please visit their website www.fairwork.gov.au

Accommodation Assistance

Renting a room or property in a new country can be a daunting experience especially if it your first time. There are many things to consider when finding the right property for you. 

It is important for you to have some understanding of the rights and responsibilities when renting a room or property in Melbourne.

Tenants Union of Victoria

For professional advice, assistance and advocacy for tenants in Victoria please visit their website: www.tuv.org.au you can also view and print out a range of publications with advice about common tenancy matters. 

Consumer Affairs Victoria

For advice and information on consumer rights and responsibilities please visit the Consumer Affairs Victoria website:  www.consumer.vic.gov.au

Legal Advice

Springvale Monash Legal Service

Springvale Monash legal service offers free advice and support to international students. No appointments are necessary. For contact details and further information please visit their website: www.smls.com.au

ARIES (Advice, Referral, Information and Educational Support) 

This service is facilitated by the Victorian Immigrant and Refugee Women’s Coalition (IRWC).  It offers an integrated service for women who have no permanent residency status, including international students. 

For contact details and further information please visit their website: www.virwc.org.au

For more about Holmesglen